The best source for classification guidance under the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the U.S. (HTSUS). A must for successful brokers, consultants, and experienced importers.
Issued by the World Customs Organization Council (WCO) in Brussels, Belgium, the Explanatory Notes are the official classification guidelines of the trade community, and are essential to the correct classification of goods. Text covers the General Rules of Interpretation, Section Notes, and Chapter and Subheading. Can be used for entry classification, protests, and to resolve classification disputes with U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
Includes all 5 volumes bound in 5 standard binders. Updates sent approximately twice annually (estimated $20-$40 each).
- 220 amendments to answer environmental concerns, adapt the Nomenclature to commercial practices in application and bring greater precision to the Nomenclature texts
- 2800 pages of clear, concise explanation
- Arranged in the same numerical order as the HTSUS
- Technical descriptions of goods
- Practical guidelines for classification
- Heavy-duty binders included
We also recommend the 2012 Alphabetical Index: This is an alphabetical list of the articles and products mentioned in the HS and its Explanatory Notes, cross-referenced with the legal Section, Chapter and Subheading Note, HTS heading/subheading, and the Explanatory Notes page.