International Maritime Dangerous Good (IMDG) Code
2010 Edition; 2 Volumes
An absolutely essential reference for exporters, the IMDG is the standard international sourcebook on all aspects of handling packaged dangerous goods and marine pollutants on vessels at sea. Since January 2004, the IMDG Code has attained mandatory status under the umbrella of 1974 SOLAS Convention.
Although the information is directed primarily at the mariner, its provisions may affect a wide range of industries and services: manufacturers, packers, shippers, feeder services such as road and rail, and port authorities will find reliable advice on terminology, packing, labeling, classification, stowage, segregation and emergency response action.(Volumes 1 and 2 are not available separately.)
The two-volume Code is divided into seven parts:
Volume 1 (parts 1, 2 and 4-7 of the Code) contains sections on:
- general provisions, definitions, training
- packing and tank provisions
- consignment procedures
- construction and testing of packagings, IBCs,large packagings, portable tanks and road tank vehicles
- transport operations.
Volume 2 contains:
- part 3 of the Code
- the Dangerous Goods List (equivalent to the schedules in previous editions of the Code), presented in tabular format
- limited quantities exceptions
- the Index